Review: The Wolf Who Played with Fire by Sarah Makela

    Review By: Aislinn Pearce Genre: »


    The Wolf Who Played with Fire by Sarah Makela



    My Book Fairy Rating & Review:  3 out of 5 stars

    This is the third book in the  Cry Wolf series by Sarah Makela, preceded by The Witch Who Cried Wolf and Cold Moon Rising. As I read through the story I didn't notice any grammar or spelling errors and you start the story right in the middle of the action. I feel that the characters were well thought out, but I didn't really connect with either Ethan or Mia. I felt like I turned on a movie half way into the action, and started there, so it doesn't really work as a stand-alone book. I feel it fit well with the rest of the series. I just couldn't connect with either of the main characters, which made me sad. I felt Ethan was quite distant from those who were a part of his life and like family and Mia kept too much away from her brother, who was obviously smarter than they felt he was. Overall the story had a lot of action and steamy scenes, and was well written. I look forward to checking out some other stories by Sarah Makela as I believe she is a good author, and the issues I felt with the book and characters had nothing to do with her as an author, or the writing style and more personal preference. I definitely suggest if you decide to read this story, you read the ones preceding or you may feel a little lost. I also recommend 18+ on this book.

    You can find this story on Amazon.

    Leave a Reply