Author Spotlight: Ron D Voigts

    Review By: Unknown Genre: »


    Please welcome Ron D Voigts (@RonDVoigts) to the blog today!



    What name(s) do you write under? If you write under a pseudonym, what helped you choose that name?

    I write under Ron D. Voigts.  I seldom go by my first name “Ronald” and prefer just Ron.  The initial from my middle name got stuck in there when many years back, I wrote a column in a magazine.  The editor put my byline as Ron D. Voigts, and I’ve kept it like that ever since.

    What is the name of your most recent or upcoming release?

    My most recent release is Strigoi: The Blood Bond.

    Can you give us an idea of what the story is about?

    On the verge of suicide after his wife left him, Alex Regal learns he has inherited property located in a small town deep within the Appalachian Mountains. Putting things on hold, he heads to Glade, hoping for something positive in his life. Getting there is easy but leaving proves to be impossible. A spell exists, keeping everyone captive, and the place is run by a Shapeshifter called the Strigoi. Alex soon learns that the Strigoi wants one thing from him…his blood.

    What genre is it?

    Paranormal mystery-thriller.

    Where can we find it?

    The book is available at Amazon for the Kindle.


    What is your writing process? Do you use an outline, fly by the "seat of your pants" or some other method?

    I start with an idea and flesh out the beginning of the story.  After getting into it for a few chapters, the ending comes to me. Most times I write the last few chapters. Now I fill in the in-between stuff, seeing where the characters lead me.  Most times they get me there.  If I had to commit to a method outline vs “seat of your pants,” I guess I’d be a pansters.

    Did you hire or use an editor prior to publishing?

    Strigoi was edited by a Madeline Jackowski, a young lady working on her graduate degree in Library Science.  She did a stupendous job and made me realize how important it is to have your work professionally edited prior to publication.

    Did you use a graphic artist to create your cover art? If so, what helped you decide on the cover(s) of your books?

    The graphic artist for the cover of Strigoi: The Blood Bond was Rachel R. Colon, who has worked professionally doing webpage designs as well as cover designs for other people. The graphic on the cover was something I found and loved immediately.  The old castle, the tombstone, and the crow are all elements in the story.  The crow holds special significance as it appears repeatedly throughout the novel and is important to the stories conclusion.

    Who controls a story when you write; you, your characters or a combination?

    The direction of my stories is somewhat collaboration between me and the characters.  I know where they are going but let them take me there. In the ending of Strigoi, the main character Alex stayed true to his values and character, even when faced with life and death decisions.  Kirby, another character at the story’s finale, surprised me and turned out to be far more heroic than I had planned.

    Do you have any projects you’re working on now?

    My next book is due out March of 2015. This is another paranormal mystery. A investigative reporter, mentally disturbed psychic, and Goth type witch are on the trail of murderer.

    Social Media Links



    Strigoi: The Blood Bond
    Tales of the Strigoi
    Book 1
    Ron D. Voigts

    Genre: Paranormal, Horror
    Publisher: Night Wings Publishing

    ASIN: B00LQRJBZ6

    Number of pages: 231
    Word Count:  72,000

    Cover Artist: Rachel R. Colon


    Book Description:

    On the verge of suicide after his wife leaves him, Alex Regal learns he has inherited property located in a small town deep within the mountains. Putting things on hold, he heads to Glade, hoping for something positive in his life. Getting there is easy but leaving proves to be impossible. A spell exists, keeping everyone captive in this hidden place.

    The town of Glade is run by a Shapeshifter called the Strigoi. The creature needs to drink human blood to survive. In folklore, taking the form of a man or an animal, the Strigoi became the basis of stories about vampires or werewolves. Now Alex must discover a dark secret before he becomes the vampire's next meal.

    Book Trailer:  http://youtu.be/8wo4l7U-Xm4

    Available at Amazon



    Leave a Reply