Campaign & Interview: Dark Seed by Lawrence Verigin

    Review By: Aislinn Pearce Genre: »


    Title - Dark Seed
    By Name - Lawrence Verigin (@lawrenceverigin)
    Genre - Thriller, Lab-Lit
    Publication Date - December 1, 2013
    Publisher - Promontory Press

    Purchase Link


    Synopsis

    A disillusioned journalist and the grieving daughter of a murdered scientist uncover an immoral and destructive global plot by the largest developer of genetically engineered seed and its parent pharmaceutical conglomerate.
    Nick Barnes and Morgan Elles learn that the goal of the man behind these organizations is the complete control of human existence. He eliminates opposition and interference without hesitation or remorse.
    The couple quickly find themselves fighting for their lives. And yours.
    Grad hold for a wild ride with this exciting, high concept thriller that tackles one of the big issues of our time.

    Author Bio



    Lawrence Verigin’s goal is to entertain readers while delving into socially relevant subjects that need more attention brought to them. Since 1999 Lawrence has spent a considerable amount of time and effort learning the writing craft.

    In his spare time Lawrence enjoys cooking good food, rich red wine, travel, running, reading and numerous rounds of golf.

    Lawrence and his wife, Diana, live in beautiful North Vancouver, Canada.

    Contact

    Author Interview

    What name(s) do you write under? If you write under a pseudonym, what helped you choose that name? 
    Lawrence Verigin – that’s my real name.

    Where are you from? 
    North Vancouver, BC, Canada

    What is the name of your most recent or upcoming release? 
    Dark Seed

    What genre is it? 
    Thriller

    Where can we find it? 
    Dark Seed is available in most book stores and their websites, wherever eBooks are sold and at www.lawrenceverigin.com Also it is starting to turn up in libraries.

    When did you start writing, and when did it turn professional? 
    I started seriously writing about 15 years ago and I guess turned professional when Dark Seed came out last December.

    What is your writing process? Do you use an outline, fly by the "seat of your pants" or some other method?
    I make a general outline and check it once in a while as I fly by the seat of my pants. I make lots of notes as I go as things I want to include pop into my head.

    What or who inspired you to being writing?
    Not sure

    Did you hire or use an editor prior to publishing?
    Yes I used an editor – Mary Rosenblum.

    Did you use a graphic artist to create your cover art? If so, what helped you decide on the cover(s) of your books? 
    Yes, Adrian Cunningham was the graphic artist who created my cover. He came up with the initial concept and then we fine tuned it until I was really happy with it.

    What have you learned on your journey from writing to publishing that you think should be passed along to those interested? 
    Never give up, never be afraid to ask for advice (that doesn’t mean you have to take it if it doesn’t seem right) and always try to improve your writing.

    I know some authors set writing goals, such as so many words per day. Do you set any goals for your stories? 
    I used to be more strict, but now the marketing of Dark Seed takes time I could be writing my next book, so I strive for a minimum of 1 page per day, 6 days per week. Almost always I can accomplish more than that.

    Do you have a favorite character of your own and what makes him/her your favorite? 
    Nick Barnes is my favorite. I try to write him as a regular guy in extraordinary circumstances. Some people have said there are bits of me in his character.

    Do your characters "talk" to you?
    Yes, but I don’t want to get into that, because you’ll think I’m weird J

    Who controls a story when you write; you, your characters or a combination?
    My characters control the story. I just prod them in different directions.

    Do you have any projects you’re working on now? 
    Yes I’m writing, Seed of Control, which is the sequel to, Dark Seed. Dark Seed gives the reader an introduction to what is happening with GMOs and Seed of Control will give readers the big picture of what the companies creating GMOs are really up to.

    How do you juggle time between all your responsibilities? 
    You have to focus and be organized. My schedule consists of: Waking up early to work on my new book, before having to go to my day job. During the day I’m fortunate to be able to run errands, so after work I can spend a few hours on marketing for Dark Seed.

    How do you feel about publishing in a digital age? 
    I think this is a great time to be an author. There are so many avenues to publish, that you don’t have to beg a traditional publisher. Now with hybrid publishing, traditional publishing is becoming obsolete. Keeping my book rights and controlling what happens to my books is very important to me, so a hybrid publisher like, Promontory Press is the best way of publishing right now…for me.

    Do you have any blog tours or upcoming events we should know about?
    After Sage’s blog tour I have a few local things, but nothing concrete yet. Stay tuned for Dark Seed as an audio book and I’ll be working on a trailer soon.

                                    

    Leave a Reply