He wants her body and heart, but a killer wants her soul.
When the Adirondack town's police chief Sam Taylor learns of the threats and checks in on the notorious author, he is surprised to find she is nothing like he would have expected from her erotic novels but everything he has imagined in his own fantasies.
Can he and the woman of his dreams escape her waking nightmare?
*Adult Content: This erotic romantic suspense includes scenes of bondage between consenting adults.*
Scarlet Hawthorne's Top Ten Favorite Things
1. Favorite vacation destination: Amsterdam
2. Favorite food: Lobster
3. Favorite book: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonegut
4. Favorite drink: St~Germain cocktail
5. Favorite spice: Cumin
6. Favorite flower: Gardenia
7. Favorite song: Maggot Brain by Funkadelic
8. Favorite author: Anaïs Nin
9. Favorite film: Secretary
10. Favorite quote: "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn
Scarlet Hawthorne began writing short stories at the age of eight, poems at ten, and wrote her first novella – a romantic tragedy – at twelve. Today she enjoys creating characters who discover integrity and their authentic selves through their sexuality. She has been a speaker at national conferences discussing how power exchange can enhance relationships and refuting the negative stereotypes of BDSM promulgation in the media.
An award-winning and bestselling author in a variety of genres under other pen names, Scarlet was a featured author at the 2014 BDSM Writers Conference in New York City and contributed an excerpt from her upcoming romantic suspense Retrograde to the first BDSM Writers Con Anthology. Always eager to challenge herself as a writer, Scarlet utilized a “panoramic point of view” narrative style, rarely found in fiction today, in her latest novel Deadline.
Scarlet lives with her two dogs and their Master in a lakeside community in the New Orleans area. Her next release is the contemporary male/male romance Between the Notes, expected in spring, 2015.